Naruto Odyssey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Odyssey

Welcome to Naruto Odyssey

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Planting Roots [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

Ryo : 2050

Planting Roots [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Planting Roots [Open]   Planting Roots [Open] EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Kaia followed Kurai's clone out of the kitchen, and then the Admin Complex. She noticed as they went that there weren't as many people around as before which was prefectly fine with her: she didn't want to be stared at anymore. Normally, her bunny ears were more than enough to cause her to stand out, but now the rumors going around about her seemed to be making it all that much worse. Still, she wouldn't let ier go to her head since she was on her way out of this village and to a new one.

She was able to keep up with Kurai even as he picked up speed: moving fast was preferred after all for her. She only ever bothered slowing down when she was either setting up base in a particular location, or if there was a reason behind it. She noticed the world around them change as they went: from the forests of Mori to the hot and dry desert and then finally to the darkness that announced their arrival to Kurayamigakure.

When the clone of Kurai slowed first to a jog and then to a walk so did she. When he spoke again she listened, nodding her head. She had heard bits and pieces about the village but nothing one hundred percent concrete - still, Kurai said Alec would likely tell her all about it so that was what she would wait for. "Thank you again, Kurai. I appreciate what you're doing." Clone or not she knew her thank you would be passed on to the real Kurai when the clone dispersed.

For now Kaia began to look around what was potentially going to be her new home, waiting for the Kuraikage to make an appearance. Just like before she kept her hands folded in front of her so that she didn't come across as threatening - last thing she wanted was to make more enemies, or end up with more people who didn't like her.

Thread Wordcount: 332
Overall Wordcount: 12,171
Back to top Go down
Alec Kane
Kuraikage
Kuraikage
Alec Kane

Ryo : 9253

PostSubject: Re: Planting Roots [Open]   Planting Roots [Open] EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Alec walked downstairs and out onto the front porch. He took his time walking down the road through the Admin Complex that lead into the village. It was like any normal day in Kurayami; merchants and shop owners were selling goods in the marketplace.  Suppliers were delivering goods from other villages. Kids were running around laughing and playing, despite the gloomy, dark surroundings.

Alec walked down the main street waving at people who waved at him first. Even after all this time they were still amazed that he waved back even blindfolded.  Kinzoku had informed him that Kurai and a small girl were getting close to the village, while Alec thanked him even though he'd already seen them himself. Security was on top of their job, that's all that mattered.

A tall man was walking towards them. He was dressed in a black robe-like cloak with a hood, the hood down, the clak actually much more than it seemed. The man had shoulder length white hair and a pale complexion. He was blindfolded, but walked and carried himself as if he wasn't. There was a polished black walking stick in his left hand, also actually much more than it seemed. For those that didn't know him they could obviously see that he carried an air of mystery with him.

A sarcastic grin was on his face as he approached what had to be a clone of Kurai, who nodded in response to what the girl said before turning into smoke, and one of the "maniacs" from Mori, Kaia-Mai. Alec propped his hands atop his walking stick.

"So, you must be Kaia-Mai... Heard a lot about you," said Alec. "I don't know if Ranmaru ever told you about me, but i'm Alec Kane, i'm the Kuraikage here. I encountered him once, in a village called Korigakure, back in the old country. Come with me..." Alec turned signaling for her to follow and began heading back into the village.

"I don't know if you've been informed on everything that's going on, and I know you probably have a lot of questions. I'll answer whatever you may have..."
Back to top Go down
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

PostSubject: Re: Planting Roots [Open]   Planting Roots [Open] EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:19 pm

A blind folded man approached with a walking stick and a sarcastic grin on his face. He stopped once he was close enough and seemed to lean on the stick. Despite being blind folded he seemed to have no issues with 'seeing' that they were there. He guessed at her being Kaia-Mai, and then mentioned Ranmaru by name - along with the fact that he knew him. This surprised Kaia, but it didn't shock her - there were a lot of things that Ranmaru did she didn't know about. She never bothered asking him what he did while he was away because she didn't like to risk a mental breakdown or issues with him. Some things in her opinion had just been better left unasked.

Now though, she had a chance to gain a bit more insight if she wanted it. Did she, though? She didn't want to risk tainting the way she thought about the man who had saved her from her father. Who had acted like a better parent figure than her own parent had. So no, for now she left the questions bubbling up within her mind unasked.

"Hm. Well, Kurai mentioned that I would belong better here, that I would fit in better here. It seems that the Senju who attacked Ranmaru and I has made it a point to spread rumors around Morigakure about us - horrible things. The people there don't like me; they fear me, want me dead I think. Kurai said that wouldn't happen here. Is that true?" It was hard to believe such a thing possible; that she could live normally in a village after it had been so long. She wanted it to be true, she really did, so she waited in silence for the Kuraikage's response.

Bunny ears swiveled and twitched on top of her head, taking in information through sounds that she herself couldn't currently see. She had gained a strange sight ability so long ago when her father had ripped her eyes out of her head, but she couldn't use it until she closed her eyes, so for now she was relying on her normal eyes and sensitive ears. "Also... is your village very loud? I have very sensitive ears.", she said with a frown as she reached up and lightly pulled her ears down and into her face; effectively dimming the noise she could hear momentarily. "Loud sound is very painful... "

Thread Wordcount: 742
Overall Wordcount: 12,581
Back to top Go down
Alec Kane
Kuraikage
Kuraikage
Alec Kane

PostSubject: Re: Planting Roots [Open]   Planting Roots [Open] EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 7:22 pm

She said Muninn spread rumors about her and Ranmaru. Because of such, she was hated around Mori, and some of the villagers wanted her dead. It made Alec grumble and shake his head. Perhaps it was a good thing that he'd taken Mori away from Muninn; he was seeming quite childish similar to Okami Uchiha, if such were really the case.

"No, we're not like that at all," replied Alec. "In fact, strange powers and mutations are welcomed here. My people and I, we weren't always the upstanding individuals we appear to be. You might say we were once considered villains... The villagers all understand that and don't hold it against us, seeing as we saved their village. So don't worry about anyone saying or thinking anything bad about you here."

Again, people waved and spoke to Alec in the marketplace, and he spoke and waved back. Some of the villagers even spoke to Kaia, with some of the kids commenting on her "cool bunny ears." Alec bought something to drink from one of the food stands for himself and Kaia, paying for it despite the owner saying he didn't have to. He handed Kaia one of the drinks as he continued on up the main street.

"As far as things being loud... they can be, at times. For the most part things are pretty calm though. I don't really like loud noises either." Alec took a long drink of the cold beverage. "More questions?..."
Back to top Go down
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

PostSubject: Re: Planting Roots [Open]   Planting Roots [Open] EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 8:35 pm

The Kuraikage answered her question by stating that the people of Kurayamigakure weren't judgemental; strange powers and mutation were welcomed there. He went on to admit that him and his people weren't always upstanding individuals, and had once even been considered criminals. This bit of information did little to darken Alec Kane's image in her eyes considering how happy the people around them were he didn't seem like a bad person at all. Not all criminals were evil, nor bad people.

As they moved through the market she fell silent, watching as several people said hello to not just Alec but to her - including several children who seemed to find her ears cool. Kaia grinned a bit, feeling already more comfortable. So much so that she even paused to allow a child to feel how soft and fuzzy her ears were. When Alec handed her a drink he had bought she took it without hesitation and sipped it happily.

She listened as he answered her question by saying that the village could get loud at times but for the most part things were calm. He added on that he didn't like loud noises either, and then inquired as to whether she had anymore questions. Kaia thought for a moment as to what it was she wanted ask - all while the questions about Ranmaru burned in the forefront of her mind. She let them be though and simply asked something else. "Where will I live? I have some money saved up from when I used to do missions and odd jobs near my old home... but I don't exactly think it's enough for a house, or even an apartment." Being so used to living in the wild and surviving on your own had its benefits but also its drawbacks, as was the case here. She knew there was wilderness around Kurayamigakure but she had little to no intentions of camping out in those wilds considering she didn't want to wake up being half eaten. She highly doubted things would come to that of course, but she was curious.

It then occured to her that while Alec seemed very forthcoming with information she hadn't quite been as generous. "Is there anything you wish to know about me? It seems a bit unfair me asking all of the questions... and if I'm going to be staying here it only seems fair you know something about me and what I'm capable of." It was logical in her mind, a sort of tit for tat, but she was curious if Alec would feel the same.

Thread Wordcount: 1,177
Overall Wordcount: 13,016
Back to top Go down
Alec Kane
Kuraikage
Kuraikage
Alec Kane

PostSubject: Re: Planting Roots [Open]   Planting Roots [Open] EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 9:24 pm

The villagers took to her well enough. Alec wasn't the type to expose her secrets; he wouldn't tell them that she was once shacked up with a violent psycho who helped orchestrate the brutal ripping off of a Kage's limb - mostly because that Kage had been the one who instigated the incident. None of their hands were clean, his included, and that was fine in this village. Sometimes people needed beaten, brutalized, and even killed.

"I wouldn't feel comfortable with you out in the wilds somewhere like you have to be used to, seeing as there are all sort of man eating beasts outside of these walls," Alec answered, continuing towards the north of the village along the main street. "And I also wouldn't exactly feel comfortable with someone as young as you somewhere alone, so I was thinking you could stay with me and my family for now. And depending on how long you plan on staying here, when you got old enough I figure you'd want to go live among your people, over in the Uchiha Compound."

The village streets turned into the long road through the Administration Complex, and a large mansion with 4 towers surrounding it came into view. "There's many around that are your age that you could make friends with. My daughters Destiny, Demi, Artemis and Jynx live here in the house with me. That's my son Alec Jr up there." Alec pointed to the large orange bird up in the clouds, flying back and fourth, casting orange and purple colors through the skies above the village. "You'll meet him soon enough. There's many others, like Konran, Kinzoku, Kuro of the Nara Clan... I took in some students and have been training them too. Their names are Akira and Heiwa Uchiha, and Namie Kurayami. All of which you'll meet sooner or later."

Alec walked up onto the large front porch that had couches and swinging seats suspended from the ceiling by chains. Kaia-Mai asked him if he had any questions, and said it was only fair that she tell him what she was capable of. "I've never really been one to pry," Alec answered. "I've heard enough about you from Umiko, the Kage of the water village. I have a pretty good idea what your capable of too... You were at Kumo, when it was destroyed. This was after I assassinated the Raikage..." Alec grinned remembering that day as if it were yesterday. "Though, I do have a question for you... What of Ranmaru? In my encounter with him at Korigakure, I could see that there was no talking to the man; no getting through to him. My family and people will not hesitate to deal with him if he comes here, should I expect him to show up once he finds out you're here?"
Back to top Go down
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

PostSubject: Re: Planting Roots [Open]   Planting Roots [Open] EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Alec said that he wouldn't feel comfortable with her living out in the dark wilds considering all of the man eating beasts out there. Even with her chakra radar, which she had gained during the years she was without eyes, she too didn't want to take that kind of risk. He went on to add that he also wouldn't feel comfortable with someone as young as herself living alone either, and therefore he was welcoming her into his own home. If she stayed within the village for a long period of time then she could even end up moving to the Uchiha compound when she was old enough to live among her own clan. "Wow, that'd be awesome!", she said happily, bunny ears perking up in her excitement.

She listened then as he explained about everyone around her age, including his daughters and his son who was flying around in the sky. He also mentioned several other people who she would meet later on to which she nodded her head in understanding.

When they reached the large front porch Kaia looked around curiously, noticing all of the swings and feeling very much like a little kid again as she had to restrain herself from going and sitting on one just so she could swing. When he brought up Kumo her eyes darkened slightly, and her mood shifted. Kumo had been the turning point in her very young life - it had been after that that her father had tried to kill her, and she had taken back her eyes. "That was the turning point in everything that day in Kumo... ", she muttered, but didn't go any further into the explanation for the moment: she didn't want to be angry or sad, so she would much rather forget about it.

At Alec's words about Ranmaru she tilted her head a bit thoughtfully. "Ranmaru is... a strange one. Will he likely show up here? Probably. But I don't think it will be to attack. Ranmaru has become much like a father to me. If anything he'd check to see if I was alright and then move one elsewhere unless he chose to stay because I am. As long as no one has harmed me he tends to stay rather calm these days... Munnin brought out the worst in him because of the things he said; the way he acted."
Back to top Go down
Konran
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Konran

Ryo : 3450

PostSubject: Re: Planting Roots [Open]   Planting Roots [Open] EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 9:11 pm

He stepped out onto the porch, rubbing his eyes. Besides training himself, his swordsmanship in the basement, lending a hand with the airship in the backyard, reading books in the library, and going over the back wall to test himself against the monsters in the wild, Konran hadn't been doing much. Alec once asked him to look out for Quiet, but recently Quiet seemed to have taken a liking to Alec Jr, so he hadn't seen too much of her. Konran wasn't one to get jealous; it was ok.

He looked like he usually did, wearing an unbuttoned long sleeved shirt with a black wife beater beneath, khaki pants and boots. In his left hand was his prized Shift Blade his weapon that he carried everywhere; the scabbard giving off a smoking substance. Alec was on the porch with someone he'd never seen before. A girl who appeared to have ears like a rabbit.

"...Um, hey Alec," he said, scratching a hand through wild black hair. "This someone new?"

Back to top Go down
Alec Kane
Kuraikage
Kuraikage
Alec Kane

PostSubject: Re: Planting Roots [Open]   Planting Roots [Open] EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 9:41 pm

Kaia-Mai seemed pleased that she'd be able to stay in the mansion with he and the rest of his family. There were plenty of kids her age around to make friends with and possibly do jobs, among other things like teach each other jutsu. Alec grinned at all the possibilities, and at how Kurayamigakure was becoming much like Makkura, only somewhat better. When Alec mentioned Kumo, Kaia had a look as if something bad happened. Alec's grin faltered somewhat; he wouldn't ask her what happened.

Kaia then said that if Ranmaru did happen to show up here, it wouldn't be to attack, but just to check on her to make sure she was alright. Remembering the man from Korigakure, Alec would have to see it to believe it. She said he got violent as he did because of Muninn, and Alec could believe it. The man was an idiot, and he could live with never seeing him again.

Konran came out onto the porch, carrying that strange sword of his. "As a matter of fact, she is," Alec said, leaning on one of the banisters of the porch. "I won't lie to you. This is Kaia-Mai. She was one of the "maniacs" in the woods of Mori. That idiot Senju started the whole thing with them first, so what happened was self defense. Her partner Ranmaru is AWOL, so she's going to be staying here with us now. Make her feel welcome, alright?"

Alec looked to Kaia-Mai again. "Kaia, the bedrooms are up on the 3rd floor. There's plenty up there empty. Get yourself settled in, explore the house... If you hear noise in the back of the house, that's my crew building my air ship. I don't know if you've noticed or not, but there's a new country that just appears, and it's up in the sky. We intend on visiting there soon; you're welcome to come along..."

Alec pat Konran on the shoulder before going back inside the mansion.

\Exit\
Back to top Go down
Kaia-Mai
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Kaia-Mai

PostSubject: Re: Planting Roots [Open]   Planting Roots [Open] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Another individual came out on the porch carrying a sword giving off a strange substance. Rather than getting defensive or worried looking Kaia simply bent forward a little bit to get a better look while her rabbit ears twitched on top of her head. [color:129b= blue]"Ooooh! That's neat looking!", she said with a grin before looking back to Alec as he introduced her. When he mentioned that she was one of the "maniacs" from Morigakure she didn't even stop grinning: it was true after all, she did - or had been - eating people from time to time so maniac was a pretty accurate description of her.

Not that she intended on eating people anymore...

Alec mentioned then that the bedrooms were on the third floor, to get settled in and do some exploring if she wanted to. He mentioned that if she heard any noise outback that was an air ship being built because a flying village had recently been discovered that he planned on exploring. The best part, of course, was that she was welcome to go along with when they happened which caused her grin to spread more. "A flying village? Awesome!" She watched Alec then go back into the mansion before turning her attention onto Konran. "I really like your weapon. I have a sword, well rapier..."

She paused, unsheathing it and turning it horizontal in front of her so it could be seen easier. It was complex in design, with several colors and a nob on the hilt that caused it to change to different colors which caused different effects. "The colors cause different things to happen - sort of like powering it up. I made it when I was a little kid myself..." She sheathed the weapon again then at her hip happily.
Back to top Go down
Konran
Jounin (A)
Jounin (A)
Konran

Ryo : 3450

PostSubject: Re: Planting Roots [Open]   Planting Roots [Open] EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 9:37 am

Alec said that the girl, Kaia-Mai, was one of the "maniacs" out in the woods that attacked the Senju. He said that the Senju had been the one to start with them first, and spread rumors about them when he made it back to the village minus one arm. Konran imagined that she probably wasn't really welcome in Morigakure, so arrangements were made so that she could stay here. Alec asked him to make her feel welcome - he didn't really know how to go about that - and told her about the empty bedrooms upstairs and about the noise in the back, which was Alec's crew constructing his airship.

Kaia-Mai showed him her weapon after complimenting his, and from the looks of things it seemed complex. She said she built it when she was a kid, which meant she had to be pretty smart. Konran didn't really know what to say in response, and looked around the porch, seemingly looking for words to say. "...Uh," he mumbled, "...That... sounds pretty handy... Um, mine is called the Shift Blade... It works pretty good with shadows. It lets me travel through the dark, and if a bunch of shadows are connected I can travel a really long way if I wanted..."

He didn't know what else to say. Konran had no experience with girls besides his "mother" and one of his tutors. He looked up in the sky at Jr in the clouds, wondering if he ever got bored of doing that...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planting Roots [Open]   Planting Roots [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Planting Roots [Open]
Page 1 of 1