Naruto Odyssey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Odyssey

Welcome to Naruto Odyssey

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Under New Management [Open]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

Ryo : 13050

Under New Management [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Under New Management [Open]   Under New Management [Open] EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 5:45 am

The Harukage or Morigakure. Kurai never really got to be the kage in the brief time he spent in the land of grass, Kusagakure, but he would make the best of his time here in this forest village. Muninn had been doing a crappy job of running this place, and Kurai aimed to turn that around.

He spent a while walking around the village, speaking to people, informing them that Muninn had been removed for the time being, and that he was in charge. He told villagers he encountered that if they needed anything, not to hesitate to come and ask him. Kurai was met with surprise, obviously because Muninn had done nothing of the sort.

He went to the Kage residence and the Administration Complex, familiarizing himself with them, and making his own personal adjustments while not removing or altering anything that Temaki and her family had done. Kuai still considered this hers and her people's village, and he would honor that. Kurai knew he was but a temporary stand-in and that this village would never truly be his, even if he were to take the position from Muninn permanently.

Kurai stood outside the great tree, adjusting his new Mori Headband that was wrapped around his left bicep. Kurai was tall and skinny. He had messy black hair and pale skin. Kurai wore a long Kage jacket with kanji on the back of it in white that translated into "Dust Mastery." He wore a body suit beneath that was tight around the chest and baggy around the legs. He wore no sandals or shoes, going barefoot. Next to him was his 4 foot tall monkey companion and best friend, Little Kong.

He stood around outside. Kurai wanted to see if there were other ninja here other than Muninn and Okami.
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Genin
Genin
Jayr

Ryo : 2550

PostSubject: Re: Under New Management [Open]   Under New Management [Open] EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:34 pm

Jayr was feeling a bit curious about the new Harukage and his - twin?- sister. Her mother, who was a retired medical nin herself, had informed Jayr that Hikari (as she liked to be called instead of Miss Yanagi) had openings in the hospital she was looking to fill. Her mother thought it was a good idea she go and apply so that she had something to do other than sit around all day in the inn, and said that she was thinking about doing so too during their off season at the inn - or to simply be someone to call as needed. Jayr was unsure for the moment if she wanted to apply: she had no idea what the pair thought of her after everything that had gone down during the Summit. Muninn and Okami had seemed to stir up some tension and Muninn himself had even been attacked (or well, pinned to a wall as the case was). Jayr had been heavy into smoking to keep her own inner demon at bay, so she had no idea the kind of opinion the pair had formed of her, or if they had formed one at all.

So, since she had heard the Harukage had been making his way through the village and greeting the people, she decided perhaps now was as good a time as any to properly introduce herself. She told her mother she was heading out, and after asking Jayr to pick up some milk on her way home, the blindfolded female stepped out of the inn and shut the door behind herself. Feeling the breeze blow and bring with it the scent of the surrounding forest she made quick work in pulling her long black hair up and into a ponytail so that the strands stayed out of her face. She then zipped up her hoodie and glanced down at the shorts she was wearing, as well as her bare feet. It wasn't too cold to bother changing so she simply shrugged her shoulders and then headed off in the direction that the Harukage was.

As she made her way in his direction she could easily pick up on the happy vibe of the people around her. They were quite pleased that someone else had taken over the village, someone who seemed strong enough to protect them. They also seemed quite happy that the hospital was getting fixed up and made stronger - that the staff was being properly trained. Little kids were running around and laughing as they raced to go see who could reach the Harukage to say hello first and this made Jayr grin.

With her leisurely pace it would take Jayr several minutes before she was in the vicinity of the Harukage. Walking up to him she would then stop a respectably distance away and bow to him and his monkey friend. Straightening herself up she would, still grinning, go on to introduce herself. "I thought it appropriate to properly introduce myself since there really wasn't time after that... incident. My name is Jayr, Jayr Yanagi - Senju." That's right, she had decided to stop hiding. If this man was strong enough to boot another Kage out of his position, and he had said he had plans for her and Okami as well, then she figured it was time to start being up front and honest about who she was. How was she ever going to improve if she kept holding herself back out of fear?

"I felt the need to explain all of my smoking; I realized the wrong impression might have been made. I have a... well, my mom calls it a medical condition... it's called Berserker Rage Syndrome. When I start to get too emotional I can flip out and lose total control of myself - it causes me to black out. When I'm like that I could easily turn on an ally as quickly as an enemy. So, to counteract that my mom made a special drug when I was very little for me to smoke that keeps me mellowed out and in a perpetually calm state of mind... Given that was my first Kage Summit, and all of the tension, I had to smoke as much as I did to keep myself from losing my cool accidentally." She fidgeted a bit; feeling almost guilty about it. Sure, it kept her from losing her mind and going off on someone or attacking them, but it also made her quite lazy in a way, and far more under-developed than she should have been at her age.

Wordies: 765
Back to top Go down
Hitomu
Genin
Genin
Hitomu

Ryo : 1400

PostSubject: Re: Under New Management [Open]   Under New Management [Open] EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 9:52 am

A gangling mess of dark hair and comfy clothes walked down the street of Morigakure. He didn't particularly have any friends from his childhood days and he really had no idea what to do. As a fresh Genin, he really didn't have any expectations from being a Genin, as he knew it involved a lot of simple missions and basic training, but that's about it. His arms swayed slightly at his side as he moved farther into the village. He had heard about the new Kage, and wanted to see the man for himself. His eyes darted around as he wove through and around various obstacles. Maybe if he talked to the Kage, his path would be more clear.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a Morigakure headband that caught his eye. The man wearing it was not one he had ever met, and the girl he was talking to also donned one. Could this man be the new Kage? He smiled as he imagined what he would look like a few years down the road. Probably something similar to what Kurai looked like now. He also noticed the monkey that was with the man. This just made Hitomu WAY to curious, so he decided that once the young girl was through talking, he would walk up and speak to the man. He wasn't known for his social skills, but he was sure he could conjure the intelligence to speak calmly with him.
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Under New Management [Open]   Under New Management [Open] EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:46 am

The female that was smoking during the summit approached. She introduced herself as Jayr Yanagi - Senju. She said she smoked as much as she did because of a condition called Berserker Rage Syndrome, where she got so mad that she would black out and lash out on everyone. Kurai was reminded of Jr and how angry he became sometimes, and he didn't really care about her smoking habits. He'd been around Alec for years and grown used to it.

"Sorry you had to see that," Kurai said to her. "And I don't hold you in the same regard as Muninn and Okami, for the record. My name is Kurai Yanagi by the way. This is my partner and friend Little Kong." The simian waved at Jayr. "I didn't come here to be a tyrant or to be hard on anyone; I was asked to help out and that's what I intend on doing, even when it comes to those two. I was hoping to see them around, I wanted to speak to them."

Shinsai wasn't picking up on any traces of them at the moment. If Kurai really wanted to find them he could easily, as long as they were in the country. he'd thought a while on how he wanted to deal with the two of them, even Okami. Kurai had no qualms with the man after their last confrontation. He'd never been the type to rub something in someone's face. There were plans in motion that Kurai was curious to see if they would follow through to the end.

Someone else was approaching. Kurai wondered if the male was another one of the village starters. If enough shinobi were willing to show themselves, then perhaps Kurai would be able to put together a squad. "So i'm curious, Jayr. Does your smoke affect your running and fighting? I was thinking of forming a squad here if there's enough Genin. Do you know of anyone else around the village? That young man there, do you know him?"
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Genin
Genin
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Under New Management [Open]   Under New Management [Open] EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 5:04 pm

The Harukage said that he was sorry she had to see what happened at the Kage Summit to which she simply shrugged: violence was nothing new to her, and it wasn't like Muninn had been killed or anything. He was still very much alive and well last she had heard. Kurai then went on to explain that he didn't hold her in the same regard as Okami and Muninn for which she was thankful: she had no idea what they had done to warrent the wrath of everyone but she had no intentions of following in their footsteps.

She returned the monkey's wave with her own and a grin: she had never seen a monkey before, but she had no illusions that this was Kurai's pet in any regard, especially given the way Kurai had introduced him. Furthermore, as the Harukage went on, he explained that he wans't here to be a tyrant, and really was here to help everyone, even Okami and Muninn whom everyone seemed to have issues with. A thoughtful look came upon Jayr's face at that moment. "Hm. Actually now that I think about it, I haven't seen either of them either since we all got home."

Through her sensory she could see someone else approaching at that point and turned her head toward them even though she was blind and her eyes were covered. She would then shift her 'attention' back to Kurai at his question. "Well, yes and no. It doesn't really affect my abilities any, but it makes me... how should I put this... it makes me hard for me to care, if that makes sense. Normally, I'm so high and mellowed out that I can't bring myself to do anything. My mom's been trying to work with the drug and try and ease that side effect if not get rid of it all together, but so far she hadn't had any luck..."

Wordies: 1,090
Back to top Go down
Okami
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Okami

Ryo : 4865

PostSubject: Re: Under New Management [Open]   Under New Management [Open] EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm

Yawning, Okami walked down the street. He wanted to speak with Kurai, as honestly they had never been properly introduced. It would probably be best that they do so now that he was Harukage, and make sure that there were no hard feelings. He wore his traditional Uchiha garb, his long hair back in a ponytail that reached the small of his back, and wore his Morigakure headband around his right bicep. His Pact Fang hung around his neck, a constant reminder of his Sage prowess and his new life. Seeing a groups outside the Administration Building, he made his way over. Jayr and Kurai were both there, as was a newer person that he had never met before. Listening to Jayr explain her diagnosis to the Kage, he politely waited for her to finish before walking up and into the conversation. Bowing before Kurai politely, he would stand back up and begin to speak.

"Hey, I don't think we've ever been properly introduced. My name is Okami Uchiha, and I am a Special Jounin in Morigakure. I'm sorry for the way I acted when we first met."
Back to top Go down
Kurai
Harukage
Harukage
Kurai

PostSubject: Re: Under New Management [Open]   Under New Management [Open] EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:02 am

(Apologies. We were waiting for someone who apparently can't post, so he'll be skipped.)

Kurai took it that she didn't know the young man nearby. She said she hadn't seen Muninn or Okami since coming back to the village. The young man that was nearby seemed to just disappear. Kurai could have found him easily with Shinsai, but he wasn't the focus right now.

Jayr said the herb she smoked made it hard to do anything, since, in so many words, it took away her motivation. She said her mother was trying to come up with a way to counteract that, but so far she wasn't having luck. "Huh. Maybe she should meet my sister, she works at the hospital now. I'm no medical expert but i'm sure she could come up with something."

Okami approached next, causing Little Kong to growl and frown. Kurai's expression didn't really change. He remembered the confrontation between he and the older Uchiha, but again, Kurai wasn't the type to keep harping on the past, and he'd gone easy on him. What happened to him could have been much, much worse.

"Kurai Yanagi," he responded after Okami bowed and apologized. "Little Kong," he said next, pointing to the 4 foot tall Monkey that was currently frowning at him. "He understands English just fine too, so i'd watch what you say to or about him, word of warning. I don't suppose you know where the former Harukage went, do you? There's something I had planned for him. You as well."
Back to top Go down
Jayr
Genin
Genin
Jayr

PostSubject: Re: Under New Management [Open]   Under New Management [Open] EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 10:43 am

Kurai mentioned that perhaps her mother should meet his sister; that she worked at the hospital. He said he was no medical expert but he thought they could likely come up with something. Jayr nodded her head: she'd suggest it to her mother as soon as she was back at the inn her mother ran. "I'll make sure I do that. I'm sure my mom would love to have someone to bounce ideas off of an get feedback from." It would be nice to be able to make a version of her drug that not only continued to keep her inner beast under control but that also stopped her from feeling so lazy and unmotivated.

It wasn't that Jayr didn't want to do anything, it was that she simply couldn't muster up the motivation to do so. One could only force themselves to do so much without proper motivation behind it.

Her attention then shifted to Okami as she watched him approach through her extra sensory ability. She fell silent as she listened to him speak. Kurai properly introduced himself to him, as well as the monkey that was with him. The monkey had seemed friendly enough toward Jayr but that friendliness seemed to take a drastic turn when Okami approached. It was clear the pair had history, and clear that Little Kong didn't like him. Kurai went on to explain that Little Kong understood english just fine and to be careful what was said to or about him. He then went on to ask if Okami had seen Muninn. Jayr simply 'looked' between the pair of them curiously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under New Management [Open]   Under New Management [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Under New Management [Open]
Page 1 of 1